This platform allows you to SELF-SCHEDULE educational programs with the Science Museum of Western Virginia! More information on each type of program can be found here: Science Museum of Western Virginia - Education Department. It is recommended you explore our offerings, so you can sign up for the programs and classes that best suit your students and their educational goals!
How to Schedule Your Class For a Program/s:
1) Select the SMWV Program you are interested in. (i.e. Standard Outreach, LAB Chat, Virtual Museum Tour, In-Museum field trip, etc.) If your presentations/programs will be charged to a district contract, please select the "Contract" option.
2) Next, you will see a calendar. This is where you will select the dates and times you wish to schedule your programs. If a date is greyed out or a time is not listed, this is because we do not have availability during that slot.
Leave Quantity as "1", as we only offer one presentation during each time slot. Remember, you are scheduling your own presentations, so be sure you are selecting the dates and times that work for you and your students! At least 1 teacher must be present at the Outreach.
If you are scheduling multiple programs in one day, you should be scheduling yourself for those times during this process. As an example, if you want presentations at 8am, 9am, and 10am (three total timeslots) on your selected date, you will need to click "Add a Time" for each slot. You should have a scheduled time slot for EACH of the 60 minute presentations you are requesting.
3) Once you have selected all the dates and times you wish to schedule, you can then select "Continue." You will be directed to the form, where you will input your contact information and select ALL of the specific presentations you are requesting.
4) For Standard Outreaches: If you are scheduling multiple dates and programs, you will be provided a space to let us know which programs you want on each of the dates you scheduled.
5) Once you select "Complete Appointment", you will see the confirmation page which will show each date and time you have scheduled for your requested program/s.
We suggest making an account, so it's easier to see and access your upcoming programs, but this is not required.
The SMWV Education Department